Rangers take Game 5; Nash's production; Dominic Moore's big day; Vigneault's demeanor

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers may not have put together their best 60 minute effort on Sunday, but they did move one step closer to advancing to the next round. And that's pretty much the big key: A win is a win, and that's what the Rangers did on Sunday. Here are your morning notes.

In a pivotal Game 5—with the series knotted at two apiece—the Rangers came away with a monumental win Sunday, knocking off the Flyers 4-2 to come within a win of the Eastern Conference semifinals. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

Dominic Moore scored a big goal in Sunday's Game 5, and then showed his appreciation for line mate Brian Boyle in the form of a hockey hug. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [Newsday]

While it's easier to stomach with a victory in tow, the Rangers were stripped of a goal after an early whistle took a Martin St. Louis tally off the board. [NY Post] [Daily News]

Making his playoff debut, J.T. Miller looked comfortable, and contributed in the Rangers victory. [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Newsday]

Unlike year's past, Alain Vigneault's calm demeanor has shown in the Rangers play. [NY Post]

The Rangers are missing the critical goals from Rick Nash. [ESPN NY] [NY Post] (*Evan's note: I think Nash has had a strong playoffs, but these two pieces, especially Strang's, make strong points)