Open Thread: 4/28 First Round Playoff Hockey

Can Dubi do it? - Jamie Sabau

Three games tonight and three teams looking to keep their quest for the cup alive.

Playoff Tree

Tonight's Games:

Pittsburgh at Columbus, 7:00 PM NBCSN. Pittsburgh leading the series 3-2.

Colorado at Minnesota, 9:00 PM CNBC. Colorado leading the series 3-2.

San Jose at Los Angeles, 10:00 PM NBCSN. San Jose leading the series 3-2.

We now have three teams that have been knocked out of the 2014 NHL Playoffs; the Stars, the Lightning, and, shockingly, the Blues. Tonight we could see three more teams join them. The Blue Jackets, the Wild, and the Kings are all on the brink of elimination and must win tonight to keep their quests for the Stanley Cup alive. Can Dubinsky and the Blue Jackets battle their way into a Game 7? Can Parise and the Wild do the same against Patrick Roy's Avalanche? Can the Kings build on their momentum and take Game 6 and push their series against the Sharks to seven games?

I have no idea what the answers to those questions are but I do know that I'll be watching as much playoff hockey as I can tonight and I recommend that you do the same.

Mike's Game to Watch: Colorado at Minnesota

How amazing has Nathan Mackinnon been in his first playoff series? Mackinnon is currently leading the NHL in playoff scoring as an 18 year old. I couldn't make a proper grilled cheese sandwich when I was 18 years old. Mackinnon and the Avs will not have an easy task ahead of them tonight because the Wild have been rock solid on home ice this series. The Avs might be getting some help in the form of a returning Matt Duchene tonight but I doubt that Patrick Roy and the Avalanche are going to rush his return to the lineup unless it is a must-win situation for Colorado.

Let's go Playoffs.

Let's go Rangers.