Rangers Vs. Flyers Game 6 Preview: Rangers Look To Close Out Series Tonight

Bruce Bennett

The New York Rangers will look for a series clinching win tonight as they take on the Philadelphia Flyers tonight at 7:30 PM.

The New York Rangers will look to close out the series tonight as they take on the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 6 of the Metropolitan Division Semifinals. The Rangers came out with a huge 4-2 victory in Game 5 on Sunday afternoon, and had contributions from all throughout the lineup. How they played on Sunday is exactly how Alain Vigneault wants them execute heading forward, and tonight will be yet another opportunity.

Everyone was pretty loose at the morning skate, and there were a few laughs being shared as they went through the drills. That is the exact mindset a team needs to have heading into an elimination game tonight, and hopefully the Rangers deliver. Following the morning skate, Alain Vigneault failed to give an update on his lineup, but all signs point to it remaining unchanged.

Which means J.T. Miller will remain on a line with Brad Richards, and Carl Hagelin, while Daniel Carcillo and Jesper Fast will remain as healthy scratches for at least another game. The full lineup information can be found below.

VS. Philadelphia-flyers.v13c3493

[ NYR lead series 3-2 ]
New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers

Wells Fargo center - Philadelphia, PA - 7:30 PM
Television: MSG, CSN-PH, NBCSN, TSN, RDS | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Broad Street Hockey

Projected Lineup:

Rick Nash - Derek Stepan - Martin St. Louis
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - J.T. Miller
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
Kevin Klein - John Moore

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: Justin Falk (healthy), Daniel Carcillo (healthy), Jesper Fast (healthy), Ryan Haggerty (healthy), Chris Kreider (hand).