New York Rangers News: Ryan McDonagh Is Considered 'Day to Day'; AV On J.T. Miller's Demotion

Perry Nelson-USA TODAY Sports

Alain Vigneault provided an update on Ryan McDonagh this afternoon, and he noted that the defenseman is considered 'day to day'.

According to multiple reports from the morning skate, Alain Vigneault provided an update on Ryan McDonagh, and the results were very promising. Vigneault noted that as of right now, McDonagh is considered "day to day", and that it shouldn't be long before he returns to the lineup. After hearing that, everyone who was concerned about his status can take a take a big deep breath. The Rangers managed to dodge a major bullet on this one, as heading into the playoffs without a healthy Ryan McDonagh would have been catastrophic.

With the Rangers only needing three more points to clinch a playoff berth, this is kind of a blessing in disguise for McDonagh. By the time the playoffs roll around, McDonagh will be well rested, and will allow him to return to the level of play he was at prior to the injury.

Another interesting note from the morning skate was Vigneault explaining the demotion of J.T. Miller. There were some pretty strong words tossed across the table by the coach, and it's definitely something to keep an eye on heading forward. This obviously explains the sudden demotion of J.T. Miller yesterday afternoon.