Rangers Vs. Senators Preview: Rangers Have a Chance To Clinch Tonight

Jana Chytilova/Freestyle Photo

The New York Rangers will take on the Ottawa Senators tonight with a chance to lock up their spot in the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The New York Rangers will finally return home tonight after a rather successful four game road trip. During that time, the Rangers picked up five out of a possible eight points, which is nothing to be disappointed about. With the way the standings shook out last night, the Rangers have a huge opportunity to clinch a playoff spot with at least a point in tonight's game. Also, with the Boston Bruins about the take out the Philadelphia Flyers as I write this, the Rangers can create a nice little cushion there as well.

As Alain Vigneault mentioned during today's press conference, the first step is getting into the playoffs, and then after that it's about locking up home ice. The Rangers control their own destiny over these next few games, and if they can take care of business, they'll be in really good shape heading into the playoffs. Ryan McDonagh will remain out of the lineup tonight as he continues to heal up in time for the playoffs. Henrik Lundqvist is expected to get the start in net, and the rest of the lineup information can be found below.

Ottawa-senators VS.

Ottawa Senators (32-31-14) vs New York Rangers (43-30-5)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG, CBC | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Silver Seven

Projected Lineup:

Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Brian Boyle - Brad Richards - Martin St. Louis
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Daniel Carcillo - Dominic Moore - Derek Dorsett

John Moore - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
Kevin Klein - Raphael Diaz

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: Justin Falk (healthy), Ryan Haggerty (healthy), Ryan McDonagh (shoulder), Chris Kreider (hand).

SB Nation Featured Video