FanPost

Rangers Playoff Schedule

Hi, folks. This year I am looking to go to a Rangers playoff game, given that I have the necessary $, and it looks like the Rangers will be home in the first round. I have a few questions, so if anyone can answer these as best as they can, it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Do ticket prices go up or go down once the Rangers playoff schedule is announced? I assume up, right?

2. Stubhub is just as reliable for playoffs as it is for regular season, I assume?

3. This is the most important question. I cannot attend games on Wednesday the 16th or Sunday the 20th. Assuming the Rangers are the home team, and that playoff games start Wednesday the 16th, would it be safe to buy tickets for game 2? This means can I assume game 2 will be either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday? I don't care what time, I just need to know it will be one of those days, and that the NHL wouldn't schedule it so the Rangers play Wednesday then Sunday or something, right? And is this a reliable site for that the playoffs start Wednesday? http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/nhlplayoffschedule.html

If I can be assured that game 2 is Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, I can just wait for the Rangers to (hopefully) clinch home ice, then jump on tickets the second they do.

4. If I buy tickets from stubhub now, they are still just as good considering we don't know the matchup, right?

Thanks, folks.