Go Vote For The Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award

Maddie Meyer

Vote.

PSA from Blueshirt Banter time. Voting for the Steven McDonald extra effort award ends at Midnight tonight. You can vote for the award here.

From the team site:

Following the 1987-88 season, the Rangers established the award dedicated to paralyzed New York City police officer Steven McDonald, who was shot in the line of duty.

When you cast your vote, you will automatically be entered into a sweepstakes for the grand prize -- a spot in the Annual "Blueshirts off Our Back" ceremony after the Rangers vs. Sabres game on April 10th.

And here's a list of previous winners:

RYAN CALLAHAN 2012-13
RYAN CALLAHAN 2011-12
BRANDON PRUST 2010-11
RYAN CALLAHAN 2009-10
RYAN CALLAHAN 2008-09
BRANDON DUBINSKY 2007-08
JED ORTMEYER 2006-07
HENRIK LUNDQVIST 2005-06
JED ORTMEYER 2003-04
MATHEW BARNABY 2002-03
SANDY MCCARTHY 2001-02
SANDY MCCARTHY 2000-01
ADAM GRAVES 1999-00
ADAM GRAVES 1998-99
WAYNE GRETZKY 1997-98
BRIAN LEETCH 1996-97
MARK MESSIER 1995-96
MARK MESSIER 1994-95
ADAM GRAVES 1993-94
ADAM GRAVES 1992-93
ADAM GRAVES 1991-92
JAN ERIXON 1990-91
JOHN VANBIESBROUCK AND KELLY KISIO 1989-90
TONY GRANATO 1988-89
JAN ERIXON 1987-88

Just go out and take a second to vote for a great cause. Again, you can vote here.