Rangers miss chance to clinch; Vigneault juggling defensemen; Staal and co. unhappy about hit

Maddie Meyer

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Three Stars of the Weekend

Number three: Henrik Lundqvist Despite giving up three goals, Lundqvist made 31 saves, 13 in the third period to keep the Senators off the board, and the Rangers' deficit at one.

Number two: Rick Nash While he didn't find the scoresheet, Nash registered a game-high seven shots on goals during the Senators game, and did well to generate chances.

Number one: Mats Zuccarello He scored both Rangers goals against Ottawa, and was buzzing all night.

What You Missed

One of Lundqvist's many saves from Saturday night, this one coming late in the game to keep the Rangers in striking distance.

With an opportunity to lock up a playoff spot, the Rangers couldn't crack Robin Lehner and the Senators, and fell to Ottawa on Saturday. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [ESPN NY] [NY Post] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday]

Trailing by a goal late in the game, Chris Neil had a hit on Marc Staal that the defensemen and his teammates didn't like. [ESPN NY] [NY Post] [Rangers Rants]

With Ryan McDonagh still on the shelf—but reportedly on the mend—Alain Vigneault has been shuffling his defensive pairings. [NY Post]

While the Rangers haven't officially clinched a postseason berth, New York has a good chance of locking up home ice advantage in the first round. [Rangers Rants]