Rangers Vs. Penguins Game 6 Preview: One Win At A Time

Jamie Sabau

The New York Rangers will take on the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight in Game 6 of the Metropolitan Division Finals at Madison Square Garden.

The New York Rangers answered our prayers on Friday, and have forced a decisive game 6 tonight at Madison Square Garden. In the wake of St. Louis returning from Montreal after the passing of his mother, the Rangers put forth one of their most dominating games of the series. They were fueled by pure emotion, and you could tell that they were playing for St. Louis that night. Tonight's contest will be no different as it's Mother's Day, and the emotions will still be running at an all-time high.

St. Louis returned from Montreal again this morning with his father and sister along for the ride. They will both be in attendance for tonight's game, one which should be pretty special for the entire family. The Rangers planted a serious seed of doubt for the Penguins last game, and it's their job to make sure it continues to grow. The Penguins have no interest in having this one go to a seventh game, so they won't lay over and let the Rangers have their way tonight.

It'll be a tough one, but if the Rangers played a similar style to Friday night, they will be on the right track. All of the information pertaining to tonight's game can be found in the table below.

#WinItForMarty

METROPOLITAN DIVISION FINALS - GAME 6
at
boGPJx8.png (240×240)
Pittsburgh Penguins
51-24-7 (109 PTS)
1st in Metropolitan
New York Rangers
45-31-6 (96 PTS)
2nd in Metropolitan

PIT LEADS SERIES 3-2
GAME & TELEVISION INFORMATION
Sunday, May 11th, 2014
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:00 PM
Television: NBCSN, CBC, RDS | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: PensBurgh
STARTING GOALTENDERS
Team Goalies GP MIN W L GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
PIT
11
683
7
4
27
2.37
329
302
.918
2
NYR
12
695
6
6
25
2.16
316
291
.921
0
PROJECTED LINEUPS
Kunitz - Crosby - Malkin 1st Line Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Jokinen - Sutter - Neal 2nd Line Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello
Bennett - Goc - Stempniak 3rd Line Hagelin - Richards - St. Louis
Gibbons - Vitale - Adams 4th Line Boyle - Moore - Dorsett
Martin - Letang 1st D Pair McDonagh - Girardi
Maatta - Niskanen 2nd D Pair Staal - Stralman
Scuderi - Bortuzzo 3rd D Pair J. Moore - Klein