Rangers force Game 7; St. Louis' emotional performance; Crosby's spear; A King's bounty

Andy Marlin-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Hockey can be so fickle. Rewind to last Wednesday, after the Rangers fell behind 3-1 to the Penguins thanks to a lackluster effort on home ice, and the Blueshirt's obituary was being written. But fast forward to the present day, and the script is quite different, as the Rangers have strung together consecutive wins on inspired performances, and now have forced a Game 7 that will decide who gets to play in the Eastern Conference finals. Here are your morning notes.

On Sunday night, another inspired performance by the Rangers—this time on home ice—led to a second consecutive victory against the Penguins. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

It's bound to happen when two teams—especially division rivals—meet up in a seven-game series, and the Rangers and Penguins finally got testy in Game 6, including Sidney Crosby. [ESPN NY]

And when the extra curriculars began to take place, and the scrums formed, Crosby and Henrik Lundqvist engaged in two of the NHL's newest trends. [Daily News]

And when the Rangers took the ice, it was just three days after the sudden death of Martin St. Louis' mother, and on Mother's Day itself, something that speaks volumes. [Blueshirt Banter]

While the Rangers have mounted a comeback in their second round series, Lundqvist has turned in a performance worthy of a king. [Daily News] [Newsday]

He's back, and Chris Kreider is making a major impact on the postseason. [NY Post]