Rangers advance; Lundqvist's heroics; Comeback complete; Depth comes up big

Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

You can breathe again (for now). It was dramatic, it was scary at times, but now, it's over with. The Rangers erased a 3-1 series deficit for the first time in franchise history Tuesday night, defeating the Penguins in Pittsburgh in a decisive Game 7. Of course, there's still a lot of work to do, with the Eastern Conference Finals on the horizon. Here are your morning notes.

In crucial games, you need your top players to be at their best. And simply put, with the Rangers facing elimination since Game 5 of this series, not only was Henrik Lundqvist the best Ranger, but best player on the ice. Some recaps from Game 7, which Lundqvist absolutely stole. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

And that's why the call him The King. [ESPN NY] [Newsday]

I mean. Come on. THIS. GUY.

The Rangers fourth line? Yeah, they were pretty good again in Game 7. [Newsday]

And that includes Dominic Moore, who continued his impressive play in Game 7's against the Penguins. [Newsday]

With the Rangers past a major hurdle in the Penguins, they can now dream big. [NY Post]

The inspiring story of Michael Del Zotto's biggest fan, Liam Traynor. [ESPN NY]