Montreal is next; Much needed rest; Richards big in Game 7's

Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

It pretty much does without saying that when you reach the conference finals, you need to beat a good team to advance. There's no rolling over a slouch come hockey in mid-May. We now know who the Rangers will be matched up with with a Stanley Cup bid on the line, so we'll do our best to get you ready for puck drop come Game 1. Here are your morning notes.

That Henrik Lundqvist guy? He stepped up when the Rangers needed him most in a big way. [Blueshirt Banter] [Rangers Rants]

On who the Rangers match up better against next for an Eastern Conference Finals (which we now know will be against Montreal. [Blueshirt Banter] [ESPN NY] [Newsday]

We'll have plenty to come on previewing the upcoming series against the Canadiens. Here's some reading to get you started. [ESPN NY] [Rangers Rants] [Daily News]

Personal tragedy galvanized this Rangers group, which is now writing its own inspiring story. [NY Post]

He still hasn't lost in Game 7's, and Brad Richards had another big moment in one against the Penguins. [NY Post]

With Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals scheduled for Saturday afternoon, the Rangers will get some much needed rest. [NY Post]

Two years ago, the Rangers took 14 games to get to the Eastern Conference Finals (like this year) before bowing out to the Devils. Here's what that team learned. [NY Post]