Vigneault and McDonagh on Montreal; France St. Louis' funeral; Predicting the series

Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

If it feels like a while since the Rangers have taken the ice, part of that is due to have jam-packed New York's schedule has been, and part of that is due to the nice break the team was afforded after finishing of Pittsburgh in Game 7 on Tuesday. But another day means we're that much closer to opening up the Eastern Conference Finals, and close to dropping the puck in Montreal. Blueshirt Banter will be rolling out a series preview in a few hours, but until then, here are your morning notes.

In yet another touching moment of this New York Rangers' postseason run, the entire team will attend the funeral of France St. Louis on Sunday [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Rangers Rants]

A look at some numbers as the Rangers and Canadiens get set to face off in the Eastern Conference Finals. [Blueshirt Banter]

Under the most tragic of circumstances, the Rangers found a way to bond. [NY Post] [ESPN NY]

While the Rangers and Alain Vigneault both won't get a chance at revenge against the Bruins, the coach, at the top of his game, is close to a Cup. [NY Post]

And Vigneault has positive memories of coaching in Montreal, while Ryan McDonagh isn't dwelling on the trade that sent him to New York. [Daily News] [Rangers Rants]

In an arena he hasn't played at in quite some time—or played well in—Henrik Lundqvist will need to find a way to win. [NY Post] [Newsday]

Two series predictions are in, and they're both coming up New York. [NY Post] [Daily News]

A Q&A with Chris Kreider. [NY Post]