New York Rangers Game Day Thread: Rangers vs Canadiens, Game 1

Richard Wolowicz

Eastern Conference Finals!

Here we are guys, it's 1:00 PM in the afternoon and the Rangers are in the Eastern Conference Finals against another original six team. We all believe that the Rangers can beat the Habs but they are going to NEED to win a game(s) on the road in order for that to be possible. Here's hoping that they get that first road win this afternoon against the Habs.
Keep an eye on the special teams matchup and which team's bottom six appears to be the bigger factor this afternoon. Most people agree that this series is likely going to come down to special teams, scoring depth, and, of course, goaltending. Here we go!

Mike's Player to Watch: Henrik Lundqvist... and Batman

The Rangers beat the Pittsburgh Penguins in seven games because they had Henrik Lundqvist in their crease. There were other players and other factors that contributed to the Rangers conquering the Pens in seven but there was no factor more important than Henrik Lundqvist being a better goalie than Marc-Andre Fleury. In this series the opposing goaltender is a very different breed than Fleury was. Price, like Lundqivst, is an elite goaltender, and this series could come down to which goaltender plays better than the other. If sh*t gets real, the Rangers should look to Batman to come up big with some hand-to-hand combat that Liam Neeson taught him in Tibet or whatever.

Let's go Rangers. Let's go Batman. Let's go playoffs.