Rangers vs. Canadiens: Martin St. Louis opens the scoring (GIF)

Bruce Bennett

Martin St. Louis opened the scoring in the Eastern Conference Finals, and then looked up the heavens.

If it's possible, it's getting even dustier in here. Martin St. Louis' story has been talked about a ton over the past week. Dominic Moore's story is also one that involves personal loss and perseverance. And while both players have experienced incredible hardship, they've both found some form of solace in hockey, and the New York Rangers locker room.

So when the Rangers opened up the Eastern Conference Finals Saturday afternoon against the Canadiens, it was only fitting the pair combined for the game's first goal on a pretty nifty play.

Moore did a good job to possess the puck in traffic. Using his body to shield off a defenseman, who threw the puck in front on the backhand—not even looking at the play—before St. Louis picked up the loose change and beat Price.

St._louis_ecf_medium

And then, in what's become pretty common for St. Louis after big playoff moments, he looked up into the rafters. You can fill in the rest of the blanks.

St._louis_ecf_celly_medium

A big s/t to @MyRegularFace for the GIFs, as always.