Rangers Vs. Canadiens Game 2 Preview: More Of That, Please

Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will take on the Montreal Canadiens in game two of the Eastern Conference Finals tonight at the Bell Centre. Puck drop is scheduled for 8:00 PM.

The New York Rangers demolished the Montreal Canadiens in game one of the Eastern Conference Final, and will have another opportunity to reel in a second win. The Canadiens simply weren't ready to match the Rangers speed in game one, and it severely hurt them on the scoreboard. It's safe to assume that the Canadiens will be much more prepared for tonight's game, and won't lay over like they did on Saturday afternoon.

There is some reason for panic in the Canadiens room though, as Carey Price was ruled out for the rest of the Eastern Conference Final with an apparent leg injury. It's obviously a huge loss for the Habs moving forward, as Price was a key ingredient to their success thus far. However, it shouldn't be taken lightly, as the Habs will use this as motivation, which won't bode well for the Rangers if they aren't prepared. These games will get chippy, and the Canadiens will come out hard.

As a result of this devastating news, the Canadiens have yet to name a starter for tonight's game, which means it will be a surprise come game time. At this point, we know it will either come down to Peter Budaj or Dustin Tokarski, who are the remaining goalies that are healthy. Although, according to Canadiens official website, Tokarski was manning the net usually occupied by Carey Price, which could indicate that he will get the start tonight.

While we're on the topic of injuries, it is worth noting that Derick Brassard could be back in time for game two. He mentioned after the game that his injury was "nothing serious" and he's hopeful for a return. That's obviously great news for the Rangers, as Brassard is a key piece moving forward.

Puck drop is scheduled for 8:00 PM, and all the information regarding tonight's game can be found in the table below.

#WinItForMarty

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS - GAME 2

at
New York Rangers
45-31-6 (96 PTS)
2nd in Metropolitan
Montreal Canadiens
46-28-8 (100 PTS)
3rd in Atlantic

NYR LEAD SERIES 1-0
GAME & TELEVISION INFORMATION
Monday, May 19th, 2014
Bell Centre - Montreal, QC - 8:00 PM
Television: NBCSN, CBC, RDS | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Eyes On The Prize
STARTING GOALTENDERS
Team Goalies GP MIN W L GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
NYR
15
875
9
6
29
1.99
411
382
.929
0
MTL
Carey Price
12
739
8
4
29
2.35
358
329
.919
1
PROJECTED LINEUPS
Kreider - Stepan -Nash 1st Line Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello 2nd Line Bournival - Plekanec - Vanek
Hagelin - Richards - St. Louis 3rd Line Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett 4th Line Prust - Briere - Weise
McDonagh - Girardi 1st D Pair Gorges - Subban
Stralman - Staal 2nd D Pair Markov - Emelin
J. Moore - Klein 3rd D Pair Beaulieu - Weaver