McDonagh on the mend; Rangers attend funeral; Price out for Game 2?

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

There's no day-to-day momentum in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. While the Rangers might have fared well in a Game 1 played on a Saturday afternoon, the blowout victory from over the weekend will mean little on Monday. With that being said, here are your morning notes.

In what could only be described as a near if not perfect start to the Eastern Conference Finals, the Rangers trounced the Canadiens 7-2 in Game 1. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday]

Martin St. Louis opened up the scoring on Saturday. Then he celebrated. [Blueshirt Banter]

And a day after the Rangers united for a big playoff victory, the team was back together on an off day to attend the funeral of France St. Louis. [NY Post] [Daily News] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

Early in the second period of Game 1, Chris Kreider went crashing into Carey Price when he sped in on net. Now the Canadiens are crying foul play. [NY Post] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

And despite staying in the game, only to be pulled for the third period, Price's status for Monday's Game 2 is unknown. [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Newsday]

Ryan McDonagh is looking better by the game, and appears to be nearly back to 100 percent from his late-season shoulder injury. [Blueshirt Banter]

Derick Brassard is 'day-to-day' after getting knocked out Saturday's game during his first shift. [ESPN NY] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

It's over. Rick Nash has finally scored. [ESPN NY] [Daily News]

Five questions with Eyes on the Prize. [Blueshirt Banter]

It might have been an over-written storyline entering the series, but Henrik Lundqvist did away with any Bell Centre demons come Game 1. [NY Post] [Newsday]

Appreciating Dominic Moore and Brian Boyle. [Blueshirt Banter]

Benoit Pouliot hopes he's found a home in New York. [NY Post]