Stanley Cup playoffs: Carey Price out for the rest of the Eastern Conference Finals

Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports

Carey Price will miss the rest of the Eastern Conference Finals after suffering an apparent knee injury during Game 1.

After a collision with Chris Kreider during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals, Montreal head coach Michel Therrien announced today Carey Price will miss the rest of the series against the Rangers, according to multiple reports today from the Bell Centre.

Price remained in the game after the play occurred early in the second period. Peter Budaj then took over in goal at the start of the third, and Therrien said after the game he was trying to "protect Price," while never outright saying there was an injury or not.

But the news got much bleaker today, as Therrien told reporters during his media availability Price would be unavailable for the rest of the series.

It's a presumed knee injury for Price, who was run into pretty hard by Kreider on the collision. His right skate appeared to get caught on the post, putting him in a very awkward position. James Murphy had an update last night, citing a source who said Price may have hyper-extended his right knee on the play, and possibly may have torn ligaments.