Playoff Hockey Open Thread: 5/21

Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports

There's hockey on tonight? I don't believe you.

Second City Hockey | Jewels From the Crown | Battle of Cali

Today's Game

Los Angeles at Chicago, 8:00 PM EST. NBCSN. Chicago leads the series 1-0.

---

Chicago won Game 1 with a score of 3-1 thanks to goals by Brandon Saad, Duncan Keith, and Jonathan Toews. They are looking to be in a similar position to the one that the Rangers are in by going up 2-0 in the series tonight (however, unlike the Rangers, they'll play Games 3 and 4 on the road). Tonight the Blackhawks will be without the services of Andrew Shaw and the Kings will be hungry to tie the series up and split the first two games of the series on the road and try to get a commanding grip on the series on home ice.

Has there been a more dangerous player in the 2014 NHL Playoffs than former Ranger Marian Gaborik? In 15 games Marian Gaborik has 9 goals on 45 shots. Toews, Patrick Kane, and Bryan Bickell are the players (remaining in the playoffs) that are closest to that number with  6 apiece. Will Gaborik and the Kings have the right recipe to even this series up tonight or will the Blackhawks be bringing a 2-0 series lead into L.A. for Game 3? Does Gabby score tonight? Let me know what you think in the comments section.

Let's go Hockey.