Brassard looks ready; Tokarski back in; Vigneault sticking to his guns; Vanek to sit?

Jamie Sabau

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Once again, it's (finally) game day. The Rangers have a chance to put a complete strangle-hold on their Eastern Conference series Thursday night as the play shifts to New York, and the Blueshirts already ahead 2-0. Put plainly, a 3-0 edge would be quite the mountain for Montreal to overcome. Here are your morning notes.

Derick Brassard participated in a full practice on Wednesday, and looks to be a go for Game 3, while Michel Therrien eliminated any doubt by announcing Dustin Tokarski will be back in goal for Montreal. [Blueshirt Banter] [Ranger Rants] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Newsday]

After a spell of lackluster and inefficient play, speculation is growing that Montreal may go without Thomas Vanek in Game 3. [NY Post] [Newsday]

Call Chris Kreider whatever you want; a villain, a speedster, or even inexperienced. But let's officially also start calling him a difference maker. [Blueshirt Banter]

First-year Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault has found success in his new stomping grounds. He's done it doing things the way he always has. [ESPN NY] [Newsday]

While he doesn't draw as much attention, Derek Dorsett has been a driving force for the Rangers. [Daily News]

It's been 20 years since the Rangers won the Stanley Cup. And in that 1994 postseason run came one of the more memorable calls in Rangers and possibly sports history. [Deadspin]

Rick Nash, one of the more polarizing players among fans and media in the Rangers' locker room, has been just fine in these playoffs, and beyond. [The Globe and Mail]

Against the team that once drafted him, Ryan McDonagh is finding his stride. [NY Post]