Rangers Vs. Canadiens Game 3 Preview: Take Advantage Of Home Ice

Francois Laplante/FreestylePhoto

The New York Rangers will take on the Montreal Canadiens tonight at Madison Square Garden in game three of the Eastern Conference Finals.

The New York Rangers will return home tonight with a massive opportunity to blow this series wide open at Madison Square Garden. Coming home with a 2-0 series lead may be nice and all, but the Rangers still need to take care of business on their own turf. If this game is anything like the last one, the Rangers will have to be on top of their game from the drop of the puck, otherwise this thing could get pretty ugly.

The Canadiens came out absolutely flying last game, and wound up coming out with the first goal of the game on a fortunate bounce in their favor. They're more then capable of doing that on the road, and the Rangers need to be prepared for anything they may throw their way. Luckily for the Rangers, Henrik Lundqvist has been lights out thus far, and has not shown any signs of breaking. It's expected that he will continue that strong style of play, but the Rangers need to make it easy on their goaltender, especially with two games at home coming up.

Tonight will be another test for this team, and so far, they have handled every bit of pressure just fine. All of the information regarding tonight's game can be found in the table below.

#WinItForMarty

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS - GAME 3

at
Montreal Canadiens
46-28-8 (100 PTS)
3rd in Atlantic
New York Rangers
45-31-6 (96 PTS)
2nd in Metropolitan

NYR LEAD SERIES 2-0
GAME & TELEVISION INFORMATION
Thursday, May 22nd, 2014
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 8:00 PM
Television: NBCSN, CBC, RDS | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Eyes On The Prize
STARTING GOALTENDERS
Team Goalies GP MIN W L GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
MTL
1
55
0
1
3
3.27
30
27
.900
0
NYR
16
935
10
6
30
1.93
452
422
.934
0
PROJECTED LINEUPS
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher 1st Line Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta 2nd Line Hagelin - Richards - St. Louis
Bourque - Eller - Weise 3rd Line Pouliot - Moore - Zuccarello
Prust - Briere - Vanek 4th Line Carcillo - Boyle - Dorsett
Gorges - Subban 1st D Pair McDonagh - Girardi
Markov - Emelin 2nd D Pair Stralman - Staal
Beaulieu - Weaver 3rd D Pair J. Moore - Klein