Habs take Game 3; Pacioretty facing his childhood team; Discipline coming for Carcillo and Prust?

Al Bello

Today's New York Rangers notes.

You see that cliff? Yeah ignore it; don't even acknowledge it. Act like it's not there—because it isn't. There's still plenty of hockey left to play. Here are your morning notes.

A bounce there, a bounce here, and then another bounce there. That about sums up the last four minutes of Thursday night's Game 3, which ended in a Montreal overtime victory. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

All the evidence points to Daniel Carcillo receiving a lengthy suspension for an altercation involving a referee during Thursday night's game. [NY Post]

And also in the department of supplemental discipline and player safety, the NHL will take a look at the blatant cheap shot Brandon Prust laid on Derek Stepan. [ESPN NY]

A Connecticut native, and a Rangers fan growing up, Max Pacioretty is now doing his best to end New York's season. [NY Post]