Rangers take Game 4; Hagelin's speed; Suspensions and injuries

Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

There was a game last night. A pretty important game. And while the Canadiens stormed back, and nearly evened the series up on the Rangers' home ice, it just wasn't in the cards. Here are your morning notes.

There were five lead changes in Sunday night's Game 4, but the last one fell in favor of the Rangers, as Martin St. Louis ripped an overtime winner past Dustin Tokarski to give New York a commanding 3-1 series edge in the Eastern Conference Finals. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

Carl Hagelin's path to hockey in North America may have been unconventional, but now he's putting all his skills on display. [ESPN NY]

A lot went on as far as discipline, injuries, and trash talking over the weekend. A quick roundup:

For his hit on Derek Stepan in Game 3, Brandon Prust was suspended two games. [Blueshirt Banter]

After making contact with an official during Game 3, Daniel Carcillo was suspended 10 games by the league. We know now Carcillo plans to appeal that ruling. [Blueshirt Banter]

And that Prust hit on Stepan broke the Rangers' forward jaw, knocking him out of the series indefinitely. [Blueshirt Banter]