Memorial Day Playoff Hockey Open Thread: 5/26

Richard Mackson-USA TODAY Sports

Happy Memorial Day gang.

Second City Hockey | Jewels From the Crown | Battle of Cali

Today's Game

Los Angeles at Chicago, 9:00 PM EST. NBCSN.

---

Am I the only one that is surprised that the Kings are in position to take a 3-1 series lead tonight on home ice? The Blackhawks need this one, and I'm expecting them to come out tonight and take it to get the series knotted up at 2-2 but that might be a tall task with Jonathan Quick in net, Doughty prowling the Kings blue line, and Anze Kopitar being Anze Kopitar. This series hasn't had the nasty edge to it that the Eastern Conference Finals have had but that doesn't take away from it being some gorgeous hockey to enjoy this holiday.

So sit down with your friends and family and enjoy tonight's game. It's nice to know that we can enjoy it and no longer have to scream and yell while we're slowly regaining mastery of our voices after Martin St. Louis gave us something to scream, jump, and shout about last night. Who do you have winning tonight? Who do have scoring? How many pairs of socks do you own?

Happy Memorial Day. Let's go Hockey.