New York Rangers News: Derek Stepan Is On The Ice This Morning

Ed Mulholland-USA TODAY Sports

Derek Stepan took the ice this morning as the New York Rangers prepare for tonight's Game 5 matchup against the Montreal Canadiens.

According to the New York Rangers official Twitter feed, Derek Stepan is on the ice this morning as the team prepares for Game 5 tonight against the Montreal Canadiens. Shortly after, the team broke off into line rushes and Stepan was taking those rushes with Rick Nash, and Chris Kreider. While nothing is official based off of the morning skate, the fact that Stepan is taking line rushes is a very good indication that he plays tonight.

Taking all of the above into account, many believe that Stepan will play tonight, which would be a massive boost for the Rangers. Getting Derick Brassard back last game already paid huge dividends as he scored a massive goal in the second period of Game 4, and picked up right where he left off. Potentially having Stepan back to complete the top line tonight would mark the first time this entire series that the Rangers have had a completely healthy lineup.

I guess Stepan wasn't faking it after all, right Briere and Gallagher?