Habs romp Rangers; St. Louis' rise; Moore gets a hearing

Francois Laplante/FreestylePhoto

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Hopefully, some sleep has relieved you of the murderous, self-destructive thoughts you might have been plotting after the strangeness that was Game 5. Not too much else to say except, here are your morning notes.

The Rangers made it interesting, and then Montreal put them away once and for good. Some recaps from a strange Game 5, in which the Rangers were very bad. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

For his hit late in Game 5 on Dale Weise that resulted in his ejection, John Moore will have a hearing with the NHL's Department of Player Safety, and could receive supplemental discipline. [ESPN NY] [Ranger Rants]

A nice statistical look at just how big Martin St. Louis' contributions have been since coming over to the Rangers at the trade deadline. [FiveThirtyEight]

Good friends a few weeks ago, the relationship between Alain Vigneault and Michel Therrien is being tested. [NY Post]

Le Journal de Montreal is not happy with the Rangers... not one bit. [Blueshirts Blog]

SB Nation Featured Video