New York Rangers News: Raphael Diaz Will Play Tonight

Sergei Belski-USA TODAY Sports

Raphael Diaz will slot into the lineup tonight as the New York Rangers take on the Montreal Canadiens in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

The New York Rangers are set to take on the Montreal Canadiens tonight in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals, but, there will be one minor lineup tweak made by Alain Vigneault. With John Moore being suspended last night for the rest of the series, that leaves the third pairing slot next to Kevin Klein wide open.

Justin Falk has only played one game since December 29th, which leaves the only viable option as Raphael DiazAccording to Andrew Gross, Diaz confirmed that he was in tonight following the morning skate at Madison Square Garden.

Diaz has the ability to push the pace with his finesse skating, and can also help out the Rangers big time on the power play. When it comes to the power play he can certainly rip the puck when he has an opportunity, but he is also very calm while controlling the puck, and makes the smart passes.

We will continue to update any more changes that we hear throughout the afternoon.