Rangers Vs. Canadiens Game 6 Preview: One Win And They Are In

Francois Laplante/FreestylePhoto

The New York Rangers will take on the Montreal Canadiens in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals tonight at Madison Square Garden. Puck drop is scheduled for 8:00 PM.

After dropping Game 5 in Montreal in very strange fashion, the New York Rangers will shift their focus to Game 6 which goes off tonight at Madison Square Garden. As Dan Girardi mentioned after the game, Game 5 was an absolute "gong show" and it's one of those games the Rangers need to erase from their memory pretty quickly. There was also a lot of stupidity that went on which included John Moore taking an unnecessary run at Dale Weise late in the third period, which led to a major penalty, and an accompanying game misconduct.

With the NHL setting the standard on Prust's suspension, it was expected that Moore would get somewhere along the same for his hit. Weise was apparently concussed following the hit, which resulted in Moore getting two games for his illegal check to the head. As a result of Moore being out, Raphael Diaz is expected to suit up tonight on third pairing with Kevin Klein.

All of the information for tonight's game can be found in the table below.

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS - GAME 6

at
Montreal Canadiens
46-28-8 (100 PTS)
3rd in Atlantic
New York Rangers
45-31-6 (96 PTS)
2nd in Metropolitan

NYR LEAD SERIES 3-2
GAME & TELEVISION INFORMATION
Thursday, May 29th, 2014
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 8:00 PM
Television: NBCSN, CBC, RDS | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Eyes On The Prize
STARTING GOALTENDERS
Team Goalies GP MIN W L GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
MTL
4
243
2
2
12
2.96
123
111
.902
0
NYR
19
1090
11
8
39
2.15
477
525
.926
0
PROJECTED LINEUPS
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher 1st Line Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta 2nd Line Hagelin - Richards - St. Louis
Bourque - Eller - Prust 3rd Line Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello
Bournival - Briere - Vanek 4th Line Boyle - Moore - Dorsett
Gorges - Subban 1st D Pair McDonagh - Girardi
Markov - Bouillon 2nd D Pair Stralman - Staal
Beaulieu - Weaver 3rd D Pair Diaz - Klein