FanPost

This Team Needs a Leader...

Whats up guys,

This being my first post I'd ask you to be gentle but I know that won't happen. Anyway, we're in the thick of it now just got blanked by The Flower and the rest of the Pens and the boys look tired. Granted playing 6 and 7 against the Flyers back to back and then again with games 1 and 2 will do that to any team but I mean Hank was out there by himself last night. The point is the team needs a bonafide leader. This team is great, I mean great, the way AV has gotten them to be such a cohesive unit is remarkable. However, the teams looking down right now, and I'm sure the boys will bounce back at home in front of the MSG faithful, but I'm talking a Captain. I like that Vigneault hasn't designated a Captain since Callahan left and St. Louis arrived I think 'whoever-the-next-captain-is's' play should do the talking. What I'm really getting at is: What do you guys think? Who should wear the "C" next year? Most Ranger fans I ask this too seem to jump all over Ryan McDonagh. A solid choice and I'd be all for it if it were the case, young guy, American, potentially best player on the team, he's the whole package. But I also think there are some who could be considered. A name the jumps to me and should be seriously considered is Dan Girardi. And I'm sure a lot of you agree his story is great, and he's a hell of a player leads by example and him and Mac are hands down top 3 defensive pairs in the league. Other names I get but don't really agree with are Marc Staal, Brad Richards, Rick Nash, I even got a Dan Carcillo. You all know where I stand. I leave the bantering to you!