Kings grab 3-0 edge; Nash's struggles; Kopitar's brilliance; Richards' bigger struggles

Jim McIsaac

Today's New York Rangers notes.

What began Monday night as raucous a Madison Square Garden I've ever seen ended in a dejected, disappointed exit as the Rangers were pushed to the brink of elimination. As has been the case all series, the Rangers were not dominated by any stretch, and possibly played their best game of the series. But it just wasn't how the puck bounced (which I'll get to in a few hours in another post). Until then, here are your morning notes.

Goals from former Flyers Jeff Carter and Mike Richards sandwiched a Jake Muzzin tally as the Kings took Game 3 3-0 to grab an identical series advantage. They're all "must-wins" now. Some recaps from Monday night. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

Anze Kopitar has been good for the Kings. Like, really good. [SB Nation]

Improving by the day, Rick Nash may have even looked better during Game 3, but he won't find any consolation in being held off the scoresheet as the Rangers continue to lose. [ESPN NY]

On Monday night, Brad Richards again struggled to contribute again. His days as a Ranger could be numbered. [NY Post]