FanPost

Rangers sign free agent D Zamorsky

Yahoo is reporting that the Rangers signed Petr Zamorsky today.

Zamorsky, 21, registered seven goals and 11 assists for 18 points, along with 80 penalty minutes, in 44 games this past season with HC Zlin in the Czech Extraliga.

The 6-foot-0, 190-pounder was named as the best defenseman in the league during the regular season. Zamorsky established career-highs in assists and points during the season. He was tied for first among defensemen on the club in goals, and ranked second among defensemen on the club in assists and points.

Zamorsky has represented the Czech Republic in numerous tournaments, including most recently at the 2014 World Championship in Minsk, Belarus, where he recorded three assists in 10 games.