Rangers snag Game 4; Lundqvist delivers; Facing elimination; St. Louis clutch again

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The objective Wednesday night was simple, and really, was the only option the Rangers had: win one game. Staring down a 3-0 deficit, something of a death sentence in the Stanley Cup Final, the Rangers played 60 minutes of hockey against the Kings, and held an edge on the scoreboard. So, there will be more hockey now, as the teams will go back to Los Angeles for a Game 5 on Friday. Until then, here are your morning notes.

That Henrik Lundqvist guy. The one who was either underperforming through thee Stanley Cup games, or the victim of bad luck and bounces; he was rather good Wednesday night, leading the Rangers to their first Stanley Cup victory in two decades. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

As has been the case for most of this postseason run, it's tough to put into words how good and how instrumental Henrik Lundqvist was Wednesday night. Some lovin' for the King. [ESPN NY] [NY Post] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday]

Once again, the Rangers proved that with their backs against the wall, they play their best hockey. [ESPN NY]

In a postseason of clutch moments, Martin St. Louis delivered again during Game 4. [Daily News] [NY Post]