Breakup day; Stralman and Boyle's future; Richard's potential buyout

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers held their breakup day on Monday, where the majority of players spoke two days removed from being eliminated from the Stanley Cup Final. And one thing we learned (although it didn't make it below) was that Cam Talbot was held out of the Kings series due to a broken hand he suffered in the warmups for Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Final. Here's what else we learned on Monday, and your morning notes.

The Rangers weren't supposed to do a lot of things this season. When it was all said and done, they did most of them. Let's relive all the moments. [Blueshirt Banter]

A summer survival guide to these dull, lifeless months in which there is no hockey. [Blueshirt Banter]

Some do's and don'ts for the Rangers offseason plans. [Blueshirt Banter]

One thing we learned on breakup day is that both Anton Stralman and Brian Boyle sound like they'll at least be exploring non-New York options this offseason. [NY Post]

Alain Vigneault said there's been no decision made yet on a Brad Richards buyout. [ESPN NY] [Ranger Rants]

Much of what the Rangers will do in the coming weeks and months is unknown. But what we do know is that, no matter what, the Rangers will have a new captain next season. [NY Post]