Brad Richards potential buyout; Stralman's decision; Captain McDonagh?

Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

These may seem like some down days (after all, there is no more hockey) but thing should soon be heating up. With personnel decisions to make, and free agency just around the corner, we're going to learn a good deal soon about how the Rangers intend to approach these coming months. Here are your morning notes.

When it comes to Brad Richards' buyout, its a matter of when, not if. [Blueshirt Banter] [The Record]

Another look at some of the Rangers offseason options, and how they each break down. [Blueshirt Banter]

If Ryan McDonagh is to be the next captain, there's already one Rangers player on board with the idea: Ryan McDonagh. [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record]

Returning to the team that originally drafted him, Dominic Moore wants to extend his stay in New York. [The Record]

A look at the performance of the Rangers forwards this past season. [Blueshirts Blog]

Wherever Anton Stralman ends up next season, he'll be in the driver's seat when it comes to making a decision, something new to him. [Ranger Rants]