FanPost

Recapping BSB's Playoff Bracket Challenge

As many of you know, I hosted BSB's official NHL Stanley Cup Bracket Challenge. I just wanted to take a minute to recap the contest. (Ideally, this would've been done in the comments section of the original article, but it's been over a month so that comments section is closed.)

In all, there were 25 entries. Here is the final scoreboard:

Scoreboard_zps79bded43_medium

To help everyone understand the scoreboard more clearly, here is the scoring for each round:

Round 1: 10pts for each correct series; extra 3pts for guessing the correct length of a series

Round 2: 25pts for each correct series

Conference Finals: 50pts for each correct series

Stanley Cup: 100pts for correctly predicting the winner of the Stanley Cup

Tiebreaker (not shown on scoreboard): total goals scored by both participants in Stanley Cup

Congrats to JB275 for coming out on top. Here is his picks for us all to marvel:

Round 1

Bruins over Red Wings in 7; Lightning over Canadiens in 6; Penguins over Blue Jackets in 4; Rangers over Flyers in 6; Avalanche over Wild in 5; Blackhawks over Blues in 5; Ducks over Stars in 5; Kings over Sharks in 5

Round 2

Bruins over Lightning; Rangers over Penguins; Blackhawks over Avalanche; Kings over Ducks

Conference Finals

Rangers over Bruins; Kings over Blackhawks

Stanley Cup

Kings over Rangers

Thanks again to everyone who participated. Congrats again to JB275. You have shown that you are clearly the most knowledgeable member of BSB!