It's Rangers, Kings; Penalty kill tweaks; Stepan is tough; John Moore is anxious; Nash on 'team first'

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

If you called it quits early Sunday night and missed the end of Kings-Blackhawks Game 7, here's your spoiler: We now know the Rangers will face off with Los Angeles in the Stanley Cup Final. With that series beginning Wednesday night in California, we'll do our best to get your ready with everything you need to know (including a big ole' series preview in a few hours). Here are your morning notes.

When Montreal presented new problems for the Rangers on the power play, Alain Vigneault came up with new answers. [Blueshirt Banter]

Derek Stepan broke his jaw in the Eastern Conference Final ... and then he came back, and played rather well. He's toughness personified. [ESPN NY]

John Moore is apologetic, and anxious to return from his suspension. [NY Post]

It all clicked for the Rangers as they advanced to the Stanley Cup Final. [ESPN NY]

Rick Nash is putting the team before himself, an attitude that's making all the difference for the Blueshirts during their deep playoff run. [NY Post]

It's been talked about a lot lately, but another look at how Glen Sather built this successful Rangers team. [The Record]

No letter has been necessary: Brad Richards has been captaining the ship. [Newsday]

Back from an injury that held him out of the first round-plus, Chris Kreider is making his impact again with the spotlight shining bright. [Newsday]

SB Nation Featured Video