FanPost

Coming Home from Dubai for the Finals - Where to Watch

First a bit of background: I grew up in Brooklyn rooting for the Rangers. We had season tickets from 1996 (when my sister and I finally convinced our non-sports fan, immigrant parents to get us two tickets in 331 then later 333) until I left for grad school in 2007. I haven't lived in New York since but the internet has helped with my Rangers addiction. Ever since the NHL started streaming games about 4 years ago, I have barely missed a game. Unfortunately, I have watched most of these games alone at ungodly hours, with only the Banter in-game comments to make me feel connected to everyone else.

I don't get to come back often enough but I always promised myself that I would come back if the Rangers made it to the Stanley Cup Finals. In 2012, I booked my ticket during the ECF against the Devils. No moment was more crushing than streaming a super-slow speed in the Doha international airport of Game 6 and spending 12 hours on the flight to JFK in a heap of bitterness.

So this year, I waited. And waited. Until Friday morning (the game started at 4am over here). So I'm coming Wednesday morning. I've spent enough to fly in and the MSG prices are pure madness. All I care about is watching all of the games with fellow fans, preferably folks from this site.

My question is: where? Which sports bar has the most number of Banter-ites to (hopefully) celebrate with?

Thanks everybody for the input and I look forward to seeing everyone Wednesday!