Hagelin's postseason; Miller time; Rangers up for awards; Buh bye, Hartnell

Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

We're drawing closer to the NHL Draft, which means we're drawing closer from this post-Stanley Cup lull into full on, offseason frenzy. Tuesday gave a glimpse of that madness (not quite for the Rangers, but for a rival), and things are only going to heat up from here. Now, your morning notes.

Another day, another report card. Monday's pupil? Carl Hagelin, who's speed and skill was on full display when the Rangers were playing their most important hockey. [Blueshirt Banter]

With personnel situations to make, and the salary cap to navigate, should the Rangers gamble next season and go with J.T. Miller? [Blueshirt Banter]

With the NHL awards taking place Tuesday night, both Dominic Moore (Masterson) and Martin St. Louis (Lady Byng) are up for honors. [Blueshirts Blog]

In a bit of big divisional news, the Flyers traded Scott Hartnell to the Blue Jackets for R.J. Umberger and a draft pick. Things are only going to get busier as July 1 approaches. [Broadstreet Hockey]