FanPost

Was Chris Kreider worth signing in 2012?

I am a big Chris Kreider fan and have been ever since he burst on the scene in 2012 after being signed out of college. I was at Game 1 of Round 3 vs the NJ Devils in 2012 and was on cloud nine when he scored.

However, as a realist, I need to ask was signing Kreider in 2012 really worth it? The following year (2012-2013) he bounced around and was in and out of Tortorella's dog house. This year (his true rookie year) he was consistent and showed the reason that he was a 1st Round pick.

But I still need to ask, was the magical playoff run in the Spring of 2012 worth the price? Because Kreider played a dozen playoff games, he is an RFA this year. Had the Rangers waited until the fall of 2012 to sign him there would still be another year under the rookie contract.

Feel free to comment or vote in the poll below.