Moore wins Masterton; Callahan close to extending in Tampa; Grabovski an answer?

Harry How

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Before getting to all the notes, a bit of news from the late night NHL cycle from Tuesday night. It was being reported (and could have possibly even changed from then) that the Lightning and Ryan Callahan were closing in on an extension. Reports had the deal keeping Callahan in Tampa Bay for at least five years at around $5.5 million per. Should that be the case, and the Rangers would get a second round pick in next year's draft back from Tampa Bay. And now, your morning notes.

With the Rangers looking to fill the void left by Brad Richards, could Mikhail Grabovski be the answer? [Blueshirt Banter]

For his perseverance and dedication to the game of hockey, Dominic Moore was awarded the Masterton Memorial trophy at Tuesday night's NHL Awards. [Blueshirt Banter] [ESPN NY] [NY Post] [Ranger Rants] [Newsday]

Some other Rangers news from the NHL Awards:

And, on the same day Moore was honored by the Professional Hockey Writers Association, we looked back on his 2013-14 season, and how he helped the Rangers' fourth line. [Blueshirt Banter]