McDonagh's magic; Draft day items; Dan Boyle interest

Mike Stobe

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Thursday brings with it another portion of the NHL offseason, as round one of the 2014 Draft will be held Thursday night. The Rangers aren't exactly flush with draft options, but we'll get into that. We're also getting closer to that ever-important July 1 free agency date, meaning more rumors, and more potential targets. Here are your morning notes.

Not too many report cards (if any) will be brighter, as we examine the season of Ryan McDonagh, who had something of a coming out party. [Blueshirt Banter]

The Rangers don't own a first round pick in this year's draft, but should the Rangers make a move to acquire a first-rounder? [Blueshirt Banter]

And whether or not the Rangers do make a move to pocket more picks, the task for Sather and co. will be to do a lot with the little bit they have as far as draft selections. [Newsday]

Glen Sather is generally "interested" in any big-name free agent, or a player who can help out the Rangers, so add Dan Boyle's name to that list. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post]