2014 NHL Draft: New York Rangers Select Keegan Iverson With The 85th Overall Pick

Bruce Bennett

With the 85th overall selection in the 2014 NHL Draft, the New York Rangers have selected Keegan Iverson, a forward from the Western Hockey League.

With the 85th selection of the 2014 NHL Draft, the New York Rangers have selected Keegan Iverson, a forward from the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League. In addition to making this selection, the New York Rangers have traded the 89th overall pick to the Washington Capitals for two fourth round draft picks (#104 & #118).

Here are few rough projections from Hockey's Future, and Future Considerations:

Iverson is a big-bodied forward with 200-foot skills. Will be given every opportunity to become a reliable scorer as junior career progresses. Physically imposing. Battles aggressively for puck. Not a guy who gets "pushed around".

A big strong power winger who is not scared to throw his weight around and do the heavy lifting on a scoring line. He is at his best fighting for loose pucks and battling for space in front of the opposing net. Does not possess the highest skill level.

There's also a neat little feature on Iverson over at Yahoo Sports, which gives you a pretty good idea what this kid is all about. He also likes to model his game after Jarome Iginla, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The New York Rangers will have three picks in the fourth round at #104, #118, and #119.