NHL Draft 2014: New York Rangers select Igor Shestyorkin with the No. 118 overall pick

Mitchell Leff

The Rangers added another goaltender with the second of their three fourth round picks.

With the second of their three fourth round picks, the Rangers selected Igor Shestyorkin with the No. 118 overall selection. Shestyorkin, 18, spent last year with Moscow Spartak of the KHL. The 6'1 netminder posted a 2.80 goals against in 9 games last season, going 1-5-2.

This, from Hockey's Future about Shestyorkin:

Shestyorkin is an agile goaltender who isn't very technically sound, but complements his game with great reflexes and excellent lateral movement. He showed that he can play effectively against seniors, too, not simply at the junior hockey level, and he has a lot of potential mostly thanks to his physical abilities. He needs to further improve his technique and mental side, but can challenge shooters and can usually deal with traffic in front of the net.

This is the second goalie the Rangers have selected on Day 2, as with their first overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draftthe team picked Brandon Halverson of the USHL.