2014 NHL Draft: New York Rangers Select Richard Nejezchleb With The 122nd Overall Pick

Mitchell Leff

With the 122nd overall selection in the 2014 NHL Draft, the New York Rangers have selected Richard Nejezchleb, a forward from the Western Hockey League.

With the 122nd selection of the 2014 NHL Draft, the New York Rangers have selected Richard Nejezchleb, a forward from the Brandon Wheat Kings of the Western Hockey League. Nejezchleb, 20, spent all of last season with the Wheat Kings where he put up 32 goals, 25 assists, and 57 total points in 66 games.

Here's a short rundown from our friends over at Arctic Ice Hockey:

Yet another twice passed over player, perhaps speaking the relative weakness of this draft. However, the Czech Wheat Kings winger has a very intriguing package. Big rangy winger has a really good shot and fantastic offensive hockey sense. He knows where to be to score goals, though he does not have great feet though in both agility and speed. He struggles with consistency as well. A huge project, but has good upside after his breakout year with 32 goals in 66 games this year.