2014 NHL Draft: New York Rangers Select Daniel Walcott With The 140th Overall Pick

Mitchell Leff

With the 140th overall selection in the 2014 NHL Draft, the New York Rangers have selected Daniel Walcott, a defenseman from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

With the 140th selection of the 2014 NHL Draft, the New York Rangers have selected Daniel Walcott, a defenseman from the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. The 5'11" Walcott completed his first season with Armada this previous season, where he compiled 10 goals, 29 assists for 39 points.

Here's a brief talent analysis as per Hockey's Future:

A rare 19-year-old rookie in the QMJHL, Walcott stepped in to fill a big role in his first year of junior hockey. Despite his inexperience, he played a mature game with poise befitting his age. Contributing at both ends of the ice with a physical edge to his game, Walcott's puck-moving skills are top notch.

Of course, if you're interested in a reading a little bit more about Walcott, you can head over to Yahoo Sports for his draft profile. The New York Rangers have one final pick remaining in their draft with the 142nd pick.