NHL Draft 2014: Recapping all the Rangers action from Day 2

Bruce Bennett

After not making any picks in the first round, the Rangers were busy on Day 2, selecting seven players.

When the Rangers made a move for Martin St. Louis at the trade deadline, Glen Sather and co. shipped away the Rangers first round pick. (Actually, it's important to note it was a conditional second in this year's draft that became a first when the Rangers made the Eastern Conference Final. Most people would probably take a Conference Final appearance every season over a first round pick.) But despite being short on draft day assets, a few moves found the Rangers making seven picks on Saturday, bringing in a new crop of prospects.

Here's a quick look at all the new Blueshirts:

Round 2, No. 59 overall: Rangers select Brandon Halverson (G, Sault Ste Marie)

[Blueshirt Banter] [SBN College Hockey] [Hockey's Future]

Rond 3, No. 85 overall: Rangers select Keegan Iverson (F, Portland)

[Blueshirt Banter] [Hockey's Future] [Yahoo]

Round 4, No. 104 overall: Rangers select Ryan Mantha (D, Sioux City)

[Blueshirt Banter] [Hockey's Future] [Future Considerations] [Yahoo]

Round 4, No. 118 overall: Rangers select Igor Shestyorkin (G, Spartak 2)

[Blueshirt Banter] [Hockey's Future]

Round 5, No. 122 overall: Rangers select Richard Nejezchleb (F, Brandon)

[Blueshirt Banter] [Arctic Ice Hockey] [Hockey's Future] [In Lou We Trust]

Round 5, No. 140 overall: Rangers select Daniel Walcott (D, Blainville-Bois.)

[Blueshirt Banter] [Hockey's Future] [Yahoo]

Round 5, No. 142 overall: Rangers select Tyler Nanne (D, Edina HS)

[Blueshirt Banter] [SBN College Hockey] [USA Today]