FanPost

BSB 2014-15 Psychosis Odds

The afternoon of October 16, 2013 was a dark time for us Ranger fans. The Rangers were 1-4 on the season. Nash and Hagelin were hurt. Del Zotto was out with the flu. Our second line was made up by Brian Boyle, Jesper Fast, and Taylor Pyatt. Meanwhile, the best third line in hockey had not yet been formed. The Rangers played the Capitals that night in the Rangers' first game in the eastern time zone. The Rangers would win this game, but the true highlight of the night was the preview article for the game, which featured multiple memorable conversations.

The biggest development to come from the preview article was the BSB Post-Cup Psychosis Odds. The premise was simple: ChuckKrew had challenged me to generate odds on how long it would take for psychosis to return to BSB should the Rangers win a Stanley Cup, and who would initiate the aforementioned psychosis. After some thought, I generated these odds:

Over/Under on how long it takes for psychosis to return to BSB after the Rangers’ next cup win: 6.5 days

Selected odds on who causes the return of said psychosis:

Hockey Man 84: 5/2

Tony: 3/1

Greg Polis: 7/2

SDMac: 10/1

Prustyballs: 11/1

Moshe: 12/1

50: 20/1

Digger 25/1

Mike_NJ: 30/1

Hoggo: 50/1

Michael from Nevada: 80/1

Frankie says Relax: 100/1

NYR94: 100/1

ChuckKrew: 200/1

joereiter: 1,000/1

NYFID: 50,000/1

BigB: 100,000/1

Joe=MDZ (©2013 NYFID): 10,000,000,000/1

Little did we know, we almost found out our answer. Alas, it was not meant to be.

Much has changed since the initial odds were posted. Some of those listed are no longer on the blog or have cut back their amount of participation considerably. Meanwhile, more people have joined and are now regulars and/or well-known here. But more importantly, I now have a full year under my belt here at BSB. During this time, I have learned so much about this wonderful blog, and about the people that fill the comment sections. As a result, I have decided to revisit the psychosis odds, and adjust them so that early betting on the 2014-15 season can begin:

OVER/UNDER on how long it takes for psychosis to return to BSB after the Rangers’ next cup win: 4.5 days

Selected odds on who causes the return of said psychosis:

KovalevNedved: 5/2

Czechthemout: 3/1

joereiter: 7/2

Caerid: 6/1

MikeNJ_NYR: 9/1

Zesta: 10/1

Tony: 11/1

Kevin Power: 12/1

Moshe: 14/1

Rocky Balboa Ranger : 15/1

MPepe: 15/1

Prustyballs: 20/1

Digger: 20/1

TheOneAndOnlyGlenSather: 25/1

50: 30/1

ChuckKrew: 35/1

Hoggo: 50/1

NYC Jim: 50/1

Kreider on the Storm: 55/1

earthworm: 60/1

The Dude: 65/1

Wes Mantooth: 70/1

Cheechoo4NYR: 75/1

Michael from Nevada: 80/1

Blueshirt in Paris: 90/1

Frankie says Relax: 100/1

Danz: 100/1

niagareven: 150/1

Nick Rash: 160/1

Feslen: 175/1

Al Trautwig's Teeth: 190/1

Brandon C: 200/1

Blueshirt in Paris: 210/1

NYRWolfer: 250/1

aech: 300/1

NYFID: 50,000/1

BigB: 80,000/1

Evan Sporer: 750,000/1

Bryan Winters: 1,000,000/1

Joe=MDZ (©2013 NYFID): 10,000,000,000/1

So place your bets in the comment section below. Odds may be adjusted once or twice just before or during the season. Remember, these bets only get paid out if the Rangers win the Cup; otherwise, bets will be simply refunded at the end of the season.

(One note: Do not be insulted if I left you off the list or gave you an odd that you disagree with. This is mainly just for fun and nostalgia. By doing these odds, I am not declaring my like or dislike for any Banterers (I love you all equally), nor am I agreeing or disagreeing with anyone's commonly-known viewpoints.)

Oh, and one more thing: NO CHEATING! No betting on yourself. And if the Rangers win the Cup, no intentionally going crazy in order to help a friend or House Ally win.

LGR!