Draft recap; Dorsett gone; Sather on impending free agents

Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sport

Today's New York Rangers notes.

We're past the NHL Draft, which means we're up another rung in the offseason ladder. Monday will serve as the calm before the storm, as not only does the month of July begin on Tuesday, but so does free agency. Then, all hell breaks loose. Here are your morning notes.

The Rangers didn't make a selection in Round 1, but thanks to a few trades, make seven picks on Day 2 of the NHL Entry Draft. A recap of the new Rangers. [Blueshirt Banter] [Blueshirts Blog] [Ranger Rants]

And before the draft got underway, Glen Sather made a move to clear up a little bit of cap room, shipping Derek Dorsett to the Canucks. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [Newsday]

He's got a new contract that will keep him in Tampa Bay long term, so let's take a look at Ryan Callahan's Top 5 moments as a Ranger. [Blueshirt Banter]

Free agency begins on Tuesday. And before the Rangers re-up or lose some of their impending free agents, Glen Sather had some choice comments. [NY Post] [Ranger Rants] [Daily News] [Newsday]

And one of those Rangers in question, Benoit Pouliot, may already be stirring up some interest during the free agent interview period. [NY Post]

The big reason this whole roster puzzle became a whole lot more difficult for the Rangers? The salary cap for the 2014-15 season was set at $69 million, putting the Rangers in a bind. [Daily News]