Stanley Cup Final Game Thread: Rangers vs. Kings, Game 1

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

Holy crap.

Jewels From the Crown | Battle of Cali

---

We've waited twenty years for this game. It's finally here. How do you guys feel? What emotions are going through your heart right now? What thoughts are galloping around your head? Are you ready?

What story lines are you guys most interested by? Richards' last hoorah as a Ranger? Gaborik against the Rangers? Quick versus Lundqvist? Marty St. Louis' heroic return to the Finals? I can't keep track of it all. All I know is that whatever the result of Game 1 is I'm not going to overreact. Winning Game 1 doesn't mean you've won the series. Both teams want this badly. Both teams are here for a good reason. Both teams are ready to do whatever it takes to win the Cup.

Mike's Player to Watch: Henrik Lundqvist and Batman

A lot of people are saying that in order for the Rangers to overcome the Kings Henrik Lundqvist has to outperform the opposing goaltender. More often than not, that isn't exactly a tall task but this time around the other goaltender is Jonathan Quick. I know that most of us would choose Hank over Quick 9 times out of 10, but Quick is the kind of goalie that can steal a game just like Hank can. This series might boil down to which goalie is better and steals the most games for his team. When was the last time we had two truly elite goaltenders face off in the Stanley Cup Final?If ever we needed the vigilante justice of Batman it is now. Here's hoping that he crushes these false Kings and helps the Rangers take an early lead in the series.

I think I'm ready for this. Are you guys?

Let's go Rangers.