Carcillo suspension reduced; Quick not injured; Kreider has been clutch; Staal's retrospective

Mike Stobe

Today's New York Rangers notes.

And then, on the third day, God said ... let there be Stanley Cup hockey! The waiting is over, as the layoff between the Conference Finals is a thing of the past come Wednesday. That means we're now only hours away from puck drop. So with that being said (and no time to spare) here are your morning notes.

Ahead of Game 1, the NHL announced it decided to reduce Daniel Carcillo's 10 game suspension to six. Having already served three games, Carcillo is eligible to return come Game 4 of the Cup series. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Ranger Rants] [Blueshirts Blog]

After exiting practice Tuesday with an injury scare, Jonathan Quick is OK. [ESPN NY]

There have been plenty of lows since the Rangers Stanley Cup win in 1994. But now, after two decades of fighting for attention, the Blueshirts are four victories away from winning it back. [SB Nation]

Come Game 1 on Wednesday, the Kings may return Robyn Regehr. [ESPN NY]

Being clutch is nothing new to Chris Kreider, who has long enjoyed hockey success. [NY Post]

Marc Staal almost lost his hockey career due to a gruesome eye injury. Now, he's on the verge of winning a Stanley Cup. [NY Post]

On media day, Glen Sather opened up. [NY Post] [ESPN NY]

SB Nation Featured Video